Monday, July 19, 2010

Watch Your Words!

Anger - it can be such a bad thing in our relationships with each other! Sometimes we do not stop and think before we say something that should never have been said - words can destroy and not encourage! James 1:19-20 "This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God." Sometimes we speak out in anger without even realizing that we did not hear things correctly or even really listen -- and the words come out so hurting, so mean. Psalms 37:8 - "Cease from anger and forsake wrath; Do not fret, It leads only to evildoing." So true - How can we love and speak hate - Lord, forgive us, forgive me - for words that I have said that have not encouraged, but have hurt others. Please let me hear, let me be slow to speak and slow to anger O Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment