Friday, April 16, 2010

Teenagers --- Are They From Another Planet?

                                                                   
    
 I have decided that, though teens may not be from another planet, it sure seems that way at times! Our daughter will be 14 before too long, so we are not far into these teen years. But, what a change from the
little girl into a blossoming young lady! And dealing with the personality difference is quite an adjustment.
She doesn't want my help on quite as many things these days, which sometimes hurts my feelings until I realize she has to be her own person and, I won't be there to always fall back on as she ages. I will try my best to step back and let her make her own life, as she should, it's pretty difficult though! Not to mention that we seem to argue more. I have to realize that, as her own person, she will not always see eye to eye with my views. We have done our best to bring her up with Christian values, she knows the Lord and we have to be able to understand that He is guiding and looking after her, as He does all of His followers.
   " Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6.

No comments:

Post a Comment