Tuesday, February 23, 2010

We Can't Be Friends--


Started thinking today - long overdue! Love my daughter so much and now she is a teenager. From 12 to 13, what a change! She will turn 14 this year and I have decided it is time to be the mother and not be a friend. You know I just want her to love me for who I am and guess what, that is probably what she wants too! As much as I still feel so young inside this older body, I cannot be her friend! I mean the love is strong, but, I have to kick back and let "her" be who "she" is with her friends - She really doesn't need us to play with her anymore-- So we can't be friends, not in the "friend" world, but, being her mother is an honor I hope to fulfill.


It is hard letting go already - alot of prayer to let go, and to hold on tight in my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment